Blog Post 5

 

For my Personal Learning Network, I chose to use Instagram. I use Instagram everyday for my personal social use so this was a very easy process for me to navigate. I have not been interacting with people just yet, however I have been watching Instagram reels about different classrooms or teacher hacks. I have found it beneficial because it keeps my creativity flowing and can be used for inspiration. Instagram will be helpful because it's a way to network myself when applying for a job so people can see what I do or how I like to present myself or my classroom. 

Digital divide is basically where there is a clear difference between the opportunities/ success of those who come from a wealthier background and those who do not. This divide affects students' success in school by creating problematic topics such as comparison of one's self to others, loneliness by feeling you're left out if you don't know how to do something, or possible bullying towards those who are different than the majority. This can limit the student's creativity or willingness to learn in that environment. Some causes of this divide are inequities. If you give every student the same assignments or same teaching style, the ones who don't learn well that way will likely fail or zone out since they don't feel equal in terms of knowledge. Since this topic of different learning styles or levels of knowledge will likely be something I'll deal with when teaching in the future, I will need to learn the vibe of the group of kids I'm teaching and adapt. 

Academic software for students could be anything including computers, iPads, phones, as well as digital websites like Microsoft programs or design sites. Two software tools I'd like to implement into my future classroom are Google programs (Docs, Classroom, Sheets, etc...), Kahoot, and Canva. The Google programs and Kahoot would be used for assignments, organization for me, and for helping the students study by bein quizzed on things throughout lessons. Canva would be used by me to design decor for my classroom, cute homework assignments, possible monthly newsletters, and basically anything digital that the students or their parents would see. 

Comments

Popular Posts